Delicious LinkedIn Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

I desire.

To desire, as they say, is to wish earnestly for something. We long for things because we think or feel that it can satisfy our needs and wishes. It can be an object, an emotion, an achievement and whatnot. As a person, who doesn't aspire, desire? I bet no one... because as a human being, we naturally want to attain self-fulfillment. Hence, we do something about it in any way possible. :)



A few days ago, I received this

salmon pink rose



It's been roughly a year and 7 months since I last received a rose this beautiful. This is actually a kris kringle gift from a blockmate. I did some researching over the net and found out that salmon pink roses meant "to desire for something/someone". :D I truly love this gift for I had a couple of realizations again.

First, it led me to another self-check session! It's my way of knowing myself more -- knowing what I really want in life. ;)



I realize that I desire so much... too much, maybe. :D For instance, I want to become a pediatrician, an inspirational blogger, write my own book, perform on stage for a musical, and publish my own scientific journals as a biologist. I even have this thought of getting my hair blonde, changing my whole wardrobe with one-of-a-kind clothes and all that! I always think that miracles can happen like getting back my perfect vision of 20/20 I used to have, getting thin and even taller and becoming a model or better yet an ambassador of an organization. Personally, I always dream to marry a man that is worth my existence (obsession as it may be, I find Tegoshi Yuya potentially good as a hubby lah~ XD ) But seriously, I pray that I can have a family of my own, living our lives in prosperity and in happiness. :D I plan to build a house inspired by Koreanovelas like the one Hyun Bin had in Secret Garden...and eventually call it a home. :D I want to travel the world, and touch other people's lives as well. My desires as stated above can be outrageously witty or even out of my range; others... well, they can be achieved in God's time. ;)

Second, I shall desire not to seek people's attention, but to do good deeds and bring good news for His glory.



I can desire all I want, daydream like forevuh, but there will always be a limitation (i.e., we can't be the person we wish we could be if there were MORE EXCITING things set before us as written in God's will).

I told myself before that the moment I stepped into school, I was in for the wild ride! It's like I accepted a contract wherein I can be crashed into pieces if I flaunt, or reigned The Holy One if I do good. LOL! *crazy me starts here* But you get my point? It can be really stressful when you are pressured by the society you are in. Hence, I initially thought that I MUST DO GOOD; If not, then I'm out of this game.

I always felt that way before. I did things because I want others to think that I'm good -- someone who is intellectual, responsible and all that. But then, I realized that I WAS living a life of a puppet on string. During that time, my only wish was to stay on top... and if I fail to reach that "threshold potential" of success in order for me to get going, I'd be sad about it.

As I grew, I accepted the fact that I cannot have all the things I long for. :) All I have now on Earth will be gone when I reunite with Him, so I have set my mind to do things or deeds that can nourish my soul. :) I now think that my life on Earth must be used efficiently for the glory of God. I feel that the spotlight must not be put upon me. Rather, my life shall be utilized in order for others to see The Light who is Him. :D

Sharing you my thoughts is the best way for me to start anew. :) This Yuletide season, may we continue to set our goals right! It's never too late, so there! Have a merry holiday, everyone!

38 comments:

Donna said...

Wow! I love the flower. ganda naman pati nung picture. :) Totoo lahat ng sinabi mo sis. It's good na alam mo na kung ano talaga ang mga gusto mo in life. :)

discount ugg boots said...

Gazapo en el nombre; por supuesto sigo siendo Manel. Mil perdones

discount ugg boots said...

Would you be inquisitive about exchanging links?

Clint said...

Naks. Nung Valentine's lang ako nakareceived ng red rose naman. Aahaha. Ako pa ang binigyan.

april said...

this is so touching! :) plus i like how the rose was nicely taken :)

Angel said...

Parang new years resolution sis! Nakaka-inspire to do more good deads. To give and not to ask for anything in return. The rose picture is a superb shot! Anong camera gamit sissy? Pati na din settings if ever. :)

More power to your plans in life. xox

lalalapatricia said...

I was inspired by your thoughts! With that one rose, you had this simple but meaningful realizations! I love how you talk, it's not boring but instead nagkakagana pa nga magbasa. Keep it up! <3

BEBE said...

awww.. that's a cute rose.. last kong nakatanggap nung valentines lang mare. nyahahaha..sana meron ulit this christmas. nyahahaha :) speaking of desires, naalala ko tuloy yung sessions namin sa retreat x___X halos di ko lam anong ilagay ko sa desires ko. as in blank lang o____O

iway said...

thanks for sharing your thoughts. i've learned something from it. about the things we want that are not in God's will. just like you, sometimes I live like a puppet on a string. it's hard because people expect too much from you. reading your post made me realize that I still need to know more about life. :)

christmas wallpapers free said...

Man, I really enjoyed reading this post. You have convinced me to subscribe to your blog, but where can I find the RSS feed? free christmas wallpapers

Grysh said...

I've always knew flowers and its colors has meanings but this is the first time I heard of the rose as such. :)

The new year is coming. Hello 2012. We got to change for the better :)

chelsea said...

hi sandra.. :) the rose is so beautiful and also the meaning of it.. :) good thing my time ikaw mag reflect sa mga desires mo sa life.. :) bdw.. care to link exchange?? :)

WYONA said...

Salmon pink is my favorite shade of pink! Now I know what it means. Well, sometimes we desire for too much. Minsan nga impossible pa. Pero in God's will in time, you're right...Nothing is impossible!

Esteban Scribner said...

Love the info and I got some secrets about Ladies that you might want to checkout at fuckingretrospect.com ;)

Lynn Simpler said...

Could you imagine if someone like Eisenhower or Kennedy called the biggest bank CEOs to the White House and they would not show up because they did not want to get wet by the rain. celebrity fashion games

Claire said...

the flower is so beautiful. same here i desire too much most of the times too that i forget that what i already have is more important. But i trust God that He'll give me what i need.
Good luck and God bless sis :)

Gail said...

Hi sis! I was able to receive orange rose for like a year ago. The guy said iy means friendship. Then the white is purity of love. <3 Btw, i tagged you in my recent post. I hope you would be willing to do the tag as well. It is really fun! Take care. Merry Christmas!

Gail said...

Hi sis! I was to receive orange rose for like a year ago. The guy said iy means friendship. Then the white is purity of love. <3 Btw, i tagged you in my recent post. I hope you would be willing to do the tag as well. It is really fun! Take care. Merry Christmas!

Paul Heckman said...

Well Love the site but I needed some time to find it. Have you discovered SEOPressor? You should look into SeoPressor It eliminates all your content and on-site SEO troubles. It's actually amazingly easy to use and chances are you'll start getting actual traffic in only a week!

Ayah ♔ said...

ang daming desires. O_O friends nga tau. super same. haaha. maski imposible, go lang. it's free to dream. naks. :)

ganda nung rose. never in my life have i received one eh. T_T sana may magbigay din. oh well.

jogz said...

When I've read your post, it also led me to a self-check session. I realized that I, too, have a lot of desires in my life. Just like you, I also wish to write my own book (well, a novel maybe), become an inspirational blogger, have one-of-a-kind clothes that would fascinate every person that I would encounter.. All for pure luxury and fame. This has got me to thinking that why are we being swallowed up by materialism, yet we could have a lot of riches that money couldn't buy?

Cheers!

Devora Elwell said...

I guess you have made many really interesting points. Not as well many ppl would actually think about it the direction you just did. I am really impressed that there is so much about this subject that has been uncovered and you made it so nicely, with so considerably class. Top-notch one, man! Very special things right here.

aencille said...

It's good that you have a clear sight of what you want and what you want to be in the future. Good luck, Sandra!

anne said...

Ooh, that's pretty! I like.

I like your self-check session. I think it's a good thing to dream and to aspire because it constantly makes you want to do better, hopefully in a positive way. I've always thought that I can do whatever I want, if I work hard enough. Sometimes that's true, sometimes it's not, but it's all about the journey to get there, right? Sometimes you never get to the destination you want, but the journey is so much fun and you end up somewhere so much better than you thought. Does that make sense?

Shanta Spofford said...

This specific comment reminds myself in which at this point could some sort of great possiblity to further one's college education and learning. MY SPOUSE AND I ask yourself if POST may well consider instruction online. Right now there exist a multitude of grant options now which were as soon as thus pretty imprecise to find a very few in years past.

classic country songs said...

Just what I was searching for, thanks for posting .

Danelle Gutkowski said...

I’m so pleased as punch to own learned it site. You just about stated others really whatever I opted to listen to and afterward a lot of. Amazing publishing and cheers ever again for performing this no fee!

Samuel E. Hollingsworth said...

I love your site but it took awhile to find it. Have you discovered SEOPressor? You should give some thought to SeoPressor It eliminates all your content and on page SEO concerns. It's amazingly easy to use and you could start getting real visitors in only a week!

Ervin Merlos said...

i tried adding your post to my digg account as i liked it,but seems someone has already submitted this to digg,hence i just voted it. i found it very interesting because of your perception on the subject.

Nilsa Jacaruso said...

Get a free backlink at http://www.usbhubreview.net/sites-we-like-2. Just fill in the offer and your backlink is permanent.

Android Apps said...

I got what you signify, thanks for swing up. Woh I am cheerful to get this website finished google. Thanks For Share S A N D R A G A N Z O.

minecraft skins said...

I got what you intend, thanks for swing up. Woh I am willing to maturate this website finished google. Thanks For Share S A N D R A G A N Z O.

SimmonsCHARLOTTE said...

It's well known that cash makes people autonomous. But what to do when somebody doesn't have money? The only one way is to try to get the credit loans or just term loan.

William Mehler said...

..hey, great article, i was thinking the same thing.travel guide

Laughter Yoga said...

[.. for a funny book, with various insights on how to create a fun day - go here http://goo.gl/TYNPv .. ]

Victorina Sivilay said...

Those are yours alright! . We at least need to get these people stealing images to start blogging! They probably just did a image search and grabbed them. They look good though!

tarczyca said...

Very interesting blog, very fun to read it:)

Open Office said...

What's the difference between Circ De Soleil and the Rockettes? You see, Circ De Soleil is a cunning array of stunts ...

Post a Comment